Prerelease events can be scheduled and run in several different ways. You are welcome to run your events in any or all of the following ways during the week of Prerelease:
- Tournament or Player List Only
- Tournament Prerelease events are structured with rounds and pairings and players are ranked at the end based on how well they performed. These are great for players that want a more competitive experience. Use the “Swiss” Pairing Method when scheduling in Wizards EventLink to run a Prerelease Tournament.
- Player List Only Prerelease offers a more casual experience. Players simply find others to play casual matches with throughout the event—no match pairings or round reporting required; all that you will report to us in EventLink is an attendance list. Use the “Player List Only” Pairing method when scheduling to run a Player List Only Prerelease.
- In-Store or At-Home
- In-Store Prerelease events are just what they sound like: a Prerelease event you host in your store. These are scheduled using the regular Prerelease scheduling template in Wizards EventLink.
- At-Home Prerelease allows you to sell Prerelease Packs to players to take home or play with elsewhere. Reporting players in these events count towards your play metrics and future Prerelease Pack allocations equivalently to an In-Store Prerelease. These are scheduled using the At-Home Prerelease scheduling template.